Page: 1, 2  Next

Request for liquorix 3.16
osp
Reply Quote
Hi,
could you, please, at here liquorix.net/sources/ or anywhere create subfolder "old", "unsupported" or whatever with patches and config files of old kernels?

Those patch files are tiny and config files even more.

I understand, that you guys don't want to allow to people to download "danger" abandoned kernel version, but I think you should trust to your followers, that they knew what they are doing and most importantly what they want...

I really need kernel 3.16 because I am using zfs-on-linux, and 3.16 is the latest supported version. And it runs on my crappy netbook very well.

I created shell script to check liquorix/sources website, to download patch and config files, those one which I need and build it. All automagically.

I would not post here, but I cannot find those patches or config files elsewhere, and I am really not kernel guru and don't want to "reverse-engineer" your changes.

I think my request is really small, tiny as those files you would keep extra...

Thank you for reply

P.S. zfs-on-linux really cannot be build against 3.18 - I already tried it
techAdmin
Reply Quote
Tell if it's 32 or 64 bit kernel and I'll give you a download link to the last 3.16 kernel zip file, which includes the patches.

damentz doesn't keep old kernel stuff but smxi.org keeps the last version of each major kernel, 686/686-pae/amd64 versions. Well, every even version anyway, takes too much room to store all of them.
osp
Reply Quote
Hi,
thank you, it's 64bit.
techAdmin
Reply Quote
smxi.org/sm/kernels/64/3.16-7.dmz.1-liquorix-amd64.zip
osp
Reply Quote
Hi,
again, I remembered one reason why I don't use prebuild liquorix deb packages - because they require newer gcc than is in my debian stable. (And headers are not sometimes enough, for example to build ati driver - at least this was truth some time ago )

I am sorry, but I need yet another help:
Can I just use the zen-kernel patch file and config-arch-64 from that tar.xz file in the same manner like I would use patch and config from liquorix/sources?

Thank you
techAdmin
Reply Quote
the patch is in the zip, please take the time to actually look before posting for further help. directory ....debian.tar.gz patches/zen
osp
Reply Quote
I did look and I did wrote it correctly:
zen-kernel patch file from that tar.xz (linux-liquorix_3.16-13.debian.tar.xz) there is no tar.gz

my question was more about that config file, because there are more than one of those, so I asked if I can use that patch file and config-arch-64 as I would patch and config from liquorix.net/sources

I am lazy to waste whole day by compiling, so I wanted to do it right on first try.

Never mind, thanks for the link.
damentz
Reply Quote
osp, unpack the tar.xz file. Those are the package sources. If you want to actually build, extract the base linux 3.16 sources in the folder above "debian".

Everything you need except the entire 3.16 original source is in there. The kernel source is here: www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/v3.x/linux-3.16.tar.xz
techAdmin
Reply Quote
The config file I think it's in one of the debs.

Yes, it is, I checked now, it's in the linux-image deb, data.tar.xz, boot/config

debs are just zipped files, like any other zip file, I used ark to open the deb, then the data.tar.xz, then there it is in boot.

I opened it, that's the config.
osp
Reply Quote
Thank you much, guys ;)
Page: 1, 2  Next