sgfxi issues and support - READ THIS FIRST!!
techAdmin
Reply Quote
Because I keep forgetting, in all future sgfxi support threads (and always start a new thread, don't tack it onto the sgfxi new features thread) I need to see, before I do anything further, the following.

I've made this as easy as possible, simply run this command:
:: Code ::
sgfxi --debugger

<update: 2014-04-29>NEW! added the xiin.py inxi debugger tool which lets sgfxi automatically upload the file to server at the end, which makes this as easy as pie. Required: python > 2.5; an internet connection while running sgfxi --debugger.

which creates a gz file the data I need to help you in this directory:
$HOME/sgfxi-data

The gz file will be time stamped to avoid confusion. When the data collector is done, it will tell you what the file name is and where it is, along with how to upload to here.

If you are missing python or a network connection while running --debugger, you can still use the old ways to upload the file:

You can upload this using I think most file managers, you just type the address in the location bar:
 ftp.techpatterns.com/incoming

and hit enter, that works in dolphin, konqueror, I don't know about gnome stuff. Then you can just drag the file in. Or you can use anonymous ftp with an ftp client like filezilla or firefox extensions or whatever, or, if the forums support it, attach the file. Or upload it to dropbox or a similar service and then post the url.

In the future, I will not offer any sgfxi support until this information has been provided. If you are pointed to this thread, read it, and provide the gz data file I asked for.

All support requests from now on that do not provide this information will be ignored.
Ercolinux
Reply Quote
Done ! uploaded on
ftp.techpatterns.com/incoming

Thanks,
Ercolinux
techAdmin
Reply Quote
Is this about an issue, or are you just providing a data set? If just sending one as a sample, thank you, the more of these I have over time, the better.

I did see one thing I need to fix, this should be run as user, not root, so I'll add in an error condition to force user mode.

Some of graphics data is only available to regular user.

Obviously I wont' be able to force running this in desktop, since most people submitting it may have had driver/install issues that makes desktop fail.

thanks though.
Ercolinux
Reply Quote
I understood it could be useful for You collect some samples, so I sent :-) .

Thanks to You for all Your great job.

Best Regards,
Ercolinux