Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

lwfitz
Reply Quote
Thanks Jedi.............. leave it to you to be able to follow directions :-/
techAdmin
Reply Quote
So far nobody is actually running -! 9 which means nobody is testing if the fixes work.

Why is this so difficult to communicate? I can't put it any simpler, run this command:

sgfxi -! 9
then post the log file, and also note that it should be telling you it is doing the ia32-libs update, clearly, in the sgfxi output.

Do not involve smxi in any way, shape, or form in this process. Do not run sgfxi withough the -! 9 argument or you are just wasting your time since the function won't run then.

Maybe I should just stop following this issue for a day untll someone finally does what I need done to verify if it works.
VastOne
Reply Quote
Perhaps it is an issue with directing exactly what you want rather than a b##ch fest to anyone trying to help

What was wrong with the hastebin? It was ran with sgfxi -! 9 and not any smxi at all

What is missing?
VastOne
Reply Quote
I will do a new install and do this and from there and wait until there is no doubt you get what you want
techAdmin
Reply Quote
Nobody has yet posted a log file from 4.21.02 that includes -! 9, or that ran the function.

Since that's the only usable or useful feedback, it's somewhat annoying to write over and over what is needed and to not get it.

It's easy to see, just search your log file for check_ia32 if it includes that function string, the function ran, if it doesn't, it didn't.

All sgfxi start opts are logged as well, so it's easy to see that -! 9 was or was not used.

I've spent almost all day on this, and all I have asked for is simple feedback that follows the directions I posted, so far, no joy, usually this is why I don't bother trying to debug issues using remote debugging but just install the system to be checked and do it myself, but sgfxi has actually been pretty stable for a long time so I haven't needed to do this, but since this is a new feature, of course we found an immediate exception to the dev platform, that worked fine. This is of course predictable and normal, it's why we put stuff live with real varying data sets to break the assumptions etc, and trigger bugs.
VastOne
Reply Quote
I understand and have been there most of the day too on several issues...

I will help your resolve this and get you what you need
techAdmin
Reply Quote
On the bright side, the logging is total and complete for this, so the first one I see will tell me if it worked, I think. And ideally, if it fails, why.

thanks, hh
VastOne
Reply Quote
I am in #vsido on freenode IRC ... will have this built in 10 minutes

That way we can communicate real time with anything..
VastOne
Reply Quote
Here is what I did...

Installed VSIDO from the latest ISO where this began to show

Booted, and dropped to tty1 right away

as su I ran

sgfxi -U and was updated verified I was at 4.21.02 once I ran

sgfxi -! 9

Got the i32 errors and was kicked out of sgfxi

Here is the paste of sgfxi.log

Please let me know if this is not enough or you need more
jedi
Reply Quote
:: techAdmin wrote ::
Nobody has yet posted a log file from 4.21.02 that includes -! 9, or that ran the function.

Hey TechAdmin. Yes I did run sgfxi ! 9. This is the log from that.

hastebin.com/fupixufune.pas

This is the log when NOT running ! 9. In other words, I only typed in sgfxi from a su prompt.

hastebin.com/dahajefoha.vhdl

I hope that clears some things up for you. The first hastebin is the way you wanted it ran. The second hastebin is the way it was ran without passing it the ! 9 options.
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next