Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

sedonix
Reply Quote
Too fast for you?

I found a BIG log and the latest that works.

[logging code removed because it was irrelevant]
techAdmin
Reply Quote
Please don't paste anything except the actual log from the actual session, or use pastebin.com and paste in the url.

This doesn't give me any data because the log file was cut off because it exceeds the max size these forums allow.

The only log output I need to see is that from 4.21.02 sgfxi

At this stage, til this issue is resolved, you MUST run sgfxi -! 9

To override the current block I added short term until this feature is debugged and working consistently.

Once it's confirmed working with the 4.21.02 patches, I'll remove the need to use the -! 9 and set this to full auto run again.
VastOne
Reply Quote
Interesting...

I was curious if this was an update to some code on SID that created this and was a matter of time before it resolved itself.

FYI, VSIDO is based on Debian SID

Thanks for the fix, as soon as I get feedback from my users I will let you know if it resolved it for them too
techAdmin
Reply Quote
Make sure to have them use -! 9 flag for now, once you can confirm this fix works, ideally on a system that has never had i386 arch installed before, I'll remove that dev flag requirement and it should work as expected.

This was dev'ed by damentz, and it worked fine on his sid system, so I have no idea what makes it not work, though it certainly appears that i386 ia32-libs are not being installed even though the virtual package is supposed to pull them in.

The tests and logging are more robust now, so please also have them post the log files from the part that is from sgfxi 4.21.02

I added logging to every step so I could find out where the failure happens if it keeps happening.
lwfitz
Reply Quote
@ techAdmin

Thank you! Just installed sgfxi via smxi with no problem.
VastOne
Reply Quote
^ Is one of the VSIDO users...
techAdmin
Reply Quote
Please grasp that sgfxi is not running this function UNLESS YOU START IT EXPLICITLY WITH -! 9

You cannot test this by starting sgfxi from smxi, how can I make this any more plain?

There will be no problems if you run it without -! 9 or from smxi because the function that was not working simply isn't running then.

I need to see debugging output, the correct part of the sgfxi log, etc, to see if this is working or not, otherwise we're all just wasting our time.
VastOne
Reply Quote
^ I got another user who is going to run it and give what is needed

lwfitz ran it before seeing these threads
techAdmin
Reply Quote
I of course pulled the default live function as soon as I got more than one bug report, so it's a given it's not running until it's verified fixed.

Once verified fixed, it will run as default again, automatically.

-! 9 overrides this flag, and lets the revised function, and it's verbose and robust logging, run, which then creates a log file that shows me that it worked, or not, and if not, why. Once I see this log data, I can see if it worked, if not, why not, and then try to fix it., or know it is working.

Once it's fully verified as working on all the systems where it failed before, I'll remove the -! 9 requirement and it will run as normal.
sgfxi log ran with ! 9
jedi
Reply Quote
Posted it to hastebin.com

hastebin.com/ruhetejeku.pas

As per VastOne...

Hope this helps...
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next