Necessary reading for all networking people
techAdmin
Reply Quote
If you haven't read it yet, check out theregister.com's serial, BOFH (The Bastard Operator from Hell), which provides amusingly accurate takes on the daily life of a networking group.

From W2K, episode 1
:: Quote ::
"Arty Murray?" I interject again. "Last I saw of him, he'd just plummeted through the shoddily thin sub-basement floor into the building's stormwater outfall pipe and was probably being washed toward the Thames.. Messy business.."

"How did you..?"

"Escape Unscathed? By a one in a hundred chance, a loop of thickwire Ethernet cable (which I'm sure I told you to remove from a cabling riser over a YEAR ago) was mysteriously stuffed in the faller ducting instead .. where I theoretically wouldn't find it.."

The PFY looks away guiltily as I continue...

".. Which hooked round one of my legs on the way down. Causing me considerable personal injury less than a yard of drop later. But don't worry, my extended absence (for recuperation) will of course be charged back to the company, as will the extensive medical bills from Doctors J Beam and Daniels. "

the adventures go on from there, little nuggets that are painfully true hidden beneath the british wit.