Setting Google DNS server in a DSL connection -- How??
Omeniser
Reply Quote
I have a DSL connection and I need to setup my internet connection's DNS as the Google DNS (8.8.8.8). I need help as of what need to be done to set my DNS like that. I learnt only from this website that my internet connection is provided with a static IP. I fondled with my router's settings and found no way to set the DNS of my choice. My type of connection is also termed as PPPoE connection. My router has the settings to mention the settings for three types of connections: static IP, PPPoE and another type. This I'm telling because I have an option of setting my router to static IP connection but I also need the username password combination to connect to the internet through PPPoE. I googled how to change the DNS server for PPPoE and found no results. Help needed urgently. Thank you in advance :)
techAdmin
Reply Quote
Set the dns server in your operating system, you don't mention what you are using so I"m not going to spend any more time answering unless you provide all the relevant technical information.
Omeniser
Reply Quote
I use YOU Broadband. I'm from India and my computer runs Windows & Ultimate 64-bit. I tried changing the DNS in my OS but it didnt work at all. Also I want to change it because, my ISP has blocked certain torrent websites and I want to access them now. I googled it and they said Google DNS could help me solve the problem.