nod32 3 causing event id error 6004
techAdmin
Reply Quote
After chasing down this issue, I finally found this thread: www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=198897

which shows the issue of repeating 6004 error messages in event viewer, windows xp sp3 in this case.

:: Quote ::
I have been working on this issue with Eset technical support since December. I can assure you that the driver is NOT functioning correctly and just writing invalid error messages to the System logs on your servers. If the servers are heavily loaded enough, and if the problem is allowed to go on for long enough, the servers will become non-responsive. You'll only be able to recover from the condition by forcing them to shut down, and then booting them.

I, and others, have been posting in this forum about this problem. If the search function works for you, just search for "Event ID 6004", and you'll find our posts. You are quite correct in saying that these error messages appear when network shares are browsed.

and, lo and behold, another message I was seeing too:

:: Quote ::
I'm still seeing the noted event 6004 error in the System log, but only occasionally. But MOST of the time that I try to access a network share, either browsing a folder or actually opening a file, I get the warning below instead. So now instead of the log getting filled up with 6004 errors, I'm now getting a large number of 3019 warnings instead, plus some smaller number of 6004 errors.

Is this progress?

Event Type: Warning
Event Source: MRxSmb
Event Category: None
Event ID: 3019
Date: 2/22/2008
Time: 8:45:28 PM
User: N/A
Computer: ECC5
Description:
The redirector failed to determine the connection type.