Page: Previous  1, 2

techAdmin
Reply Quote
Well, we now know that the true Lenny debian deb constructor in the fglrx installer package is failing on the Mepis Lenny kernel.

That's not unusual at all, it fails frequently, but it's important to be sure the right thing is failing before proceeding to debug further.

So now we know, both the sid and the Lenny debs that the installer created are failing.

They fail on the Sid kernel too last I heard.
draggin
Reply Quote
Quick update, I wiped the hard disk and done a fresh install with the latest Mepis RC1, soon as it was loaded I ran the sgfxi script everything seem ok. Only minor problem I had was when you get the option to startx or quit, I choose startx and the screen went blank and the system hung. I switched the laptop off and then back on again and everything seems to be OK.

Thanks for your help

Tim
techAdmin
Reply Quote
Thanks for doing more testing, always tedious.

That sounds like an fglrx bug.

But the driver did build?

I'm wondering if there was a conflict between something from mepis re fglrx, and if there's another package I need to search for to clean up.

What does mepis call their fglrx stuff? the packages, that is, all of them?

I can add more cleanup tests to sgfxi, that's always an important step in the install.
draggin
Reply Quote
As far as I am aware the fglrx packages are called the same as they are in debian lenny as they use the same debian repositories

Tim
Page: Previous  1, 2