PHP Detector Script and IE7
dgmelvin
Reply Quote
Is there a fix or a newer version of the PHP Dectector script that returns the correct value for IE7? Currently the number comes back as 6. I found a place in the code to change that made it return 7 correctly, but I fear it may break other IE detection. Here is my user agent string from IE7. I believe the issue is that MSIE shows up twice.

Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 6.0; Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1) ; SLCC1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; Media Center PC 5.0; .NET CLR 3.0.04506)
techAdmin
Reply Quote
The trick here is to figure out why your MSIE 7 is returning a non standard user agent:

:: Quote ::
* On Windows XP SP2, IE7 will send the following User-Agent header: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 5.1)
* On Windows 2003 Server, IE7 will send the following User-Agent header: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 5.2)
* On Windows Vista, IE7 will send the following User-Agent header: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 6.0)
blogs.msdn.com

Once you figure out the cause of your apparently unique msie 7 string, we can see if it's worth handling the issue with code.
techAdmin
Reply Quote
See this MSIE 7 user agent string corruption thread for more information.