Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next

techAdmin
Reply Quote
inxi 2.1.7 should now have this handled.

I believe the .0 is sufficient to identify each as a real card, no matter how it may appear, ie, 3D controller can b the real one, Display controller can be the real one, and VGA compatible controller can be the real one, but only one of them will be .0 on the bus id.

We'll see how this goes.
techAdmin
Reply Quote
2.1.12: fixed -D wrapping, which with -p/-P fixes, leaves a few things unfixed, but these wrapping thihgs are very hard to do, and require a really big amount of trial and error, so I think I'll call it good enough for now, as well as a failure to show data for certain zfs systems (8.2 freebsd for example does not seem to support zpool list -v) so I had to work around that issue, seems to be working.

An old red color failure with -c 0 has been fixed, now all colors get turned off with -c 0, including the red FAILED driver message.

Some lines at 80 columns will still be wrapped by bash, but usually only if -xx or -xxx is used, and really, can't we all just learn how to have a normal sized view screen in our terminals?

However, --recommends, --version, --help, -c 94-99 wrap nicely now, as do more or less -S -I -G -M with as noted some exceptions for extra extra data output, but it's a lot of work to get it always to wrap right, so I am stopping here except for bug fixes, it's now good enough in my opinion.

No raid support lines are also fixed to not wrap at narrow widths, narrow being 80 columns minimum. Most wrapping issues go away at about 90 column view width I believe, give or take.

2.1 included dynamic wrapping, which has been extended to everything outside of normal inxi output, 2.1.x fixes have been incrememtal fixes, getting one line or feature at a time wrapping well.

As usual, you can set the default max width for the lines, see the wiki documentation for user settings, but 115 columns should work well for most people I think, and inxi detects view screen column width and adjusts itself dynamically to try to fit inside it. Not the easiest stuff in the world to get handled.
techAdmin
Reply Quote
2.1.90 is a prerelease, release early release often, for -m, memory/ram

Error handling should handle most failure cases, which is important with this feature because it requires dmidecode, and that needs to be run as root unless you find a way to configure sudo to let you run it as user.

This is a long requested feature, so now it's in the wilds.

There will certainly be bug fixes etc as I find cases that require more handling of output etc, but for now, it's working fine on all my test systems.
dark-D
Reply Quote
i run inxi as root in a 90x30 urxvt terminal and i get a space between the system and mobo info,

:: Code ::
inxi -b
System:    Host: hell Kernel: 3.16-1.dmz.1-liquorix-686 i686 (32 bit)
           Desktop: Fluxbox 1.3.5 Distro: blackbox
Machine:   System: LENOVO (portable) product: 89329WU v: ThinkPad R61/R61i serial: L3A4225

Mobo: LENOVO model: 89329WU serial: VF11C77J1FZ
           Bios: LENOVO v: 7OETC3WW (2.23 ) date: 05/12/2009
CPU:       Dual core Intel Core2 Duo T5250 (-MCP-) clocked at 1000 MHz
Graphics:  Card: Intel Mobile GM965/GL960 Integrated Graphics Controller (primary)
           Display Server: X.org 1.16.0 driver: intel
           tty size: 90x30 Advanced Data: N/A for root
Network:   Card-1: Intel PRO/Wireless 3945ABG [Golan] Network Connection driver: iwl3945
           Card-2: Broadcom NetLink BCM5787M Gigabit Ethernet PCI Express driver: tg3
Drives:    HDD Total Size: 120.0GB (62.9% used)
Info:      Processes: 114 Uptime: 9:09 Memory: 553.3/998.4MB
           Client: Shell (bash) inxi: 2.2.1

techAdmin
Reply Quote
echo 'Machine:   System: LENOVO (portable) product: 89329WU v: ThinkPad R61/R61i serial: L3A4225 ' | wc -c

I've actually tried to fix this glitch, but the regex won't cooperate.

Thanks for noting your display resolution, as you can see here, it's 92 characters, including the space at the end.

If you highlight that in your console/terminal, you may or may not be able to see that in fact, the first character of the apparently empty line is in fact not empty, but rather a space.

I'm quite familiar with this from all my dynamic width testing, basically all line widths will have this issue, ie, there is a resolution, or col width, that will trigger this, that's because to wrap well, inxi has to add in a space after each set, well it doesn't have to, but it does often, because that's the easy way to handle issues.

So what you are actually seeing there is a linewrap, with the end of the line being an empty space, which creates the illusion of an empty line, when it's actually the line above wrapping in the console, just as it would do if you tried to echo a 95 character long string, except then it would be easier to see.

The problem inxi has is that in order to defend against accidental script termination that will leave color codes active in the user terminal/console, inxi ends print lines with a special color value, which is outside the space, so I couldn't just do the obvious, trim off the end space from the print line function, it has to be trimmed before, but now that I think on it, maybe I can add that with some basic bash stuff in some cases. I'll take a look if I can manually do more trimming of end of line space presence prior to adding the color code for normal console color, but it's a line by line thing in that case.
techAdmin
Reply Quote
dark-D, inxi 2.2.2 should hopefully fix that illusion of line wraps, now ALL print lines have the ending space trimmed off, so any wrapping now should happen only with visible characters, not space characters.
dark-D
Reply Quote
indeed, it is shown correctly. thank you for the fast replies and solution.
techAdmin
Reply Quote
dark-D, thanks for the nudge, I've been aware of the trailing space issue for a long time, but I was just too lazy to once and for all fix it. It's now fixed, once and for all.
techAdmin
Reply Quote
inxi 2.2.7 gets more or less working -D and -d support for unix/bsd systems.

Since most of the unix stuff is based on hacks, this won't always work, or will be incomplete, or will change when they change something.

But that's fine, I don't care, hardly anyone from bsd uses inxi, it was just a nice thing to get sort of complete.

Sample:

inxi -rv7
System:    Host: vboxfbsd Kernel: 10.0-RELEASE amd64 (64 bit) Console: tty 0 OS: FreeBSD 10.0-RELEASE
Machine:   Using dmidecode: you must be root to run dmidecode
CPU:       Cores: 2 model: AMD Phenom II X2 550 (-SMP-) cache: N/A flags: (lm nx sse sse2) speed: 3114 MHz (max)
Memory:    Using dmidecode: you must be root to run dmidecode
Graphics:  Card: InnoTek Systemberatung VirtualBox Graphics Adapter bus-ID: 0:0:2:0 chip-ID: 80ee:beef
           Display Server: N/A driver: N/A tty size: 139x42 Advanced Data: N/A out of X
Network:   Card: Intel 82540EM Gigabit Ethernet Controller driver: em bus-ID: 0:0:3:0 chip-ID: 8086:100e
           IF: em0 state: active speed: 1000baseT duplex: full-duplex mac: <filter>
           WAN IP: <filter> IF: em0 ip: <filter> ip-v6: N/A
Drives:    HDD Total Size: 32.8GB (6.6% used)
           ID-1: ada0 model: VBOX HARDDISK 1.0 size: 32.8GB serial: VB13e5ed96-e1af2f85
           Optical: cd0 model: VBOX CD-ROM rev: 1.0 dev-links: N/A
           Features: speed: 33MB/s multisession: N/A audio: N/A dvd: N/A rw: none state: N/A
Partition: ID-1: / size: 29G used: 992M (3%) fs: zfs dev: /dev/zroot/ROOT/default label: N/A uuid: N/A
           ID-2: /tmp size: 28G used: 176K (0%) fs: zfs raid: zroot/tmp label: N/A uuid: N/A
           ID-3: /usr/home size: 28G used: 1.4M (0%) fs: zfs dev: /dev/zroot/usr/home label: N/A uuid: N/A
           ID-4: /usr/ports size: 28G used: 144K (0%) fs: zfs dev: /dev/zroot/usr/ports label: N/A uuid: N/A
           ID-5: /usr/src size: 28G used: 144K (0%) fs: zfs dev: /dev/zroot/usr/src label: N/A uuid: N/A
           ID-6: /var size: 28G used: 81M (0%) fs: zfs raid: zroot/var label: N/A uuid: N/A
           ID-7: /var/crash size: 28G used: 148K (0%) fs: zfs dev: /dev/zroot/var/crash label: N/A uuid: N/A
           ID-8: /var/log size: 28G used: 236K (0%) fs: zfs dev: /dev/zroot/var/log label: N/A uuid: N/A
           ID-9: /var/mail size: 28G used: 152K (0%) fs: zfs dev: /dev/zroot/var/mail label: N/A uuid: N/A
           ID-10: /var/tmp size: 28G used: 152K (0%) fs: zfs dev: /dev/zroot/var/tmp label: N/A uuid: N/A
           ID-11: swap-1 size: 2.15GB used: 0.00GB (0%) fs: swap dev: /dev/gpt/swap0 label: N/A uuid: N/A
RAID:      Device-1: zroot - ONLINEN/A
           Info: raid: zfs gptid/d874c7e7-3f6d-11e4-b7dc-080027ea466c size: 29.8G available: 28.7G allocated: 1.05G
Unmounted: This feature is not yet supported for BSD systems.
Sensors:   This feature is not yet supported for BSD systems.
Repos:     Active BSD ports servers in file: /etc/portsnap.conf
           portsnap.FreeBSD.org
Info:      Processes: 40 Uptime: 1 day Memory: 436.2/487.2MB Init: init (bsd) v: N/A Gcc sys: N/A
           Client: Shell (sh running in tty 0) inxi: 2.2.7

I never thought i'd get this much bsd info, but there it is.

zfs has bugs still.
techAdmin
Reply Quote
small note: inxi 2.2.25 and later should have a fixed kde 5 version handling. Also fixed should be the broken sddm detection.

I haven't confirmed this fix yet, but it should be fine.

Note that to be more technically accurate inxi now shows:

KDE Plasma 5.1.2 then as I get the actual ids, extra info shows things like plasma type, like plasma-desktop, plasma-netbook, which were the only ones the kde guy I talked to could think of off the top of his head.
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next