Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

techAdmin
Reply Quote
Added in --help/--version support to smxi, sgfxi, and svmi.

Also added in a color kill switch if people run version in irc, and an error message if they try to run help.

This goes along with recent updates in inxi, so they are all synced to standard unix norms now, more or less.
techAdmin
Reply Quote
In post du fixes for Sid / Testing added in fix that will install polkit-kde-1 upower udisk if missing.

This helps avoid issues with failed power management and external disk detection and some other issues.

Why debian did not make these packages dependencies of kdebase-workspace-bin is beyond me, this can hardly be considered as fringe functionality.
orbit
Reply Quote
My apologies for sending this as a new topic. This time I've hopefully reposted to the correct forum page.

I get an error when trying to enter virtual machine installer section of smxi when using the 3.0-0.slh.1-aptosid-amd64 kernel.

ie.
"Error (253) Your kernel type 3 is not supported for these drivers"

Could this be because the new kernel numbering has not been catered for in the svmi script? If it is then I am willing to test any mods that are made to the script.

orbit
techAdmin
Reply Quote
yeah, let me double check that, I thought I'd adjusted all the scripts to that new kernel syntax but I may have missed a few spots.
orbit
Reply Quote
Functions OK now as of svmi version 2.8.12 posted 22 July 2011.

Many thanks techAdmin.
techAdmin
Reply Quote
Finally updated the smxi graphics install section to more properly indicate what drivers do what, and also added some dynamic detections of the xorg nv and radeonhd drivers, now smxi will only show those options if the drivers are in apt, as install candidates.

So that section now will reflect current nvidia driver , xorg driver realities. Nothing was changed in the fglrx section since those are just one driver after the next, no legacy drivers or anything else.

So now you can actually get the sense from the text smxi displays of what the drivers do, no need to know it.

Nvidia drivers changed a lot in the last few years, and especially 71xxx barely even works anymore, and doesn't work at all on new xorgs, nor does it appear that nvidia is going to change that, so it's time for smxi to reflect these facts.
techAdmin
Reply Quote
Added virtualbox group to Sid hold/install auto test sets. Patch from Latino, thanks.
drb
Reply Quote
@h2
Apparently virtualbox is now in sid (not ose version) - what's the best way to migrate?
techAdmin
Reply Quote
Migrate from what? the direct deb install from oracle that svmi uses?

If that, then just remove the oracle deb packages with apt and install the sid version.

Note that svmi uses the new method of wget'ing the non-ose extras part and installing that when you select the non-ose install, otherwise it's the same debs used in both cases.
techAdmin
Reply Quote
in graphics install section, got rid of nv and radeonhd options for nvidia and amd/ati respectively.
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next